Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Dr. Appointments....No running for me?

I tried calling yesterday to make several Dr. Appointments and everything was closed. Apparently the doctors in Germany were on strike. Thankfully they were in the office today and I was able to make my appointments. 

I have pain in my left foot (my Achilles tendon) and also pain on the forefoot of my right foot (on the bottom). The pain in my right foot has been bothering me since August. Any more than four miles (even less) and it kills me. I've been struggling with should I run, should I not? I really wanted to run another 1/2 marathon this Fall and it just hasn't panned out. And I wanted to do the Turkey Trot here. I feel like a failure and can't believe that I have these injuries. I keep thinking how could I have prevented them, but the worse part is, I have no idea how I got them running.

I haven't ran since the weekend and I'm afraid that my injuries will get worse. I made an appointment with a Sports Doctor (ostepathic, chiro, all in one type) this morning and hopefully he can help me figure out what the problem is and give me the go ahead to run. 

I guess I'm not 17 anymore. Wah. 

I also made a Dermatology appointment for myself and Elee. I'm getting Elee tested for allergies (he often has itchy and bumpy skin...very sensitive). I know that it's eczema but I want to find out the cause. He had a bad allergic reaction to Salicylic Acid too last Spring and since then I wanted to  get him tested. I found a new bump on my shoulders where I get burned, and I want to get that screened as well. Better to do it early. I'm so worried about it though. It's a big light pink bump, we'll see what the Dermotologist says. I hate going to these kind of appointments. I have so much stress just thinking about it. rrrrrr. So, our appointment isn't until November and we'll knock both out at once. I really don't like waiting.  rrrrrr....again.








No comments:

Post a Comment

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!