Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Hamburgers that you & your kids will love!

Looking for a fun twist to your average burger? Try Hawaiian Sweet rolls for the bun!

Mini Burgers on Hawaiian Sweet Rolls!
(topped with Feta, Bacon, and Guacamole)

lean Bison ground meat

Feta, Bacon, and Guacamole topped Mini Bison Burgers 
on Hawaiian Sweet Rolls!


I bought 1/2 pound of Bison meat at a hefty price of $6!! It's way more than I usually spend on meat, but I wanted something different than the regular sirloin meat I buy. My husband was like, "What in the world can you make with a 1/2 pound of meat for all 6 of us?"

I thought it would be fun to make mini burgers using Hawaiian sweet rolls for the buns. Talk about portion control. Ha! They turned out so fun!! Just two burgers (for Rich & I and the older boys), with pickles and chips and home~made guacamole as the sides and we were very full. 1/2 pound of Bison meat made about 10 mini burgers. I felt like these were the real portion sizes for meat we were supposed to eat.

The kids were really happy too eating a burger that they could fit into their hands and mouths easily.

Let me know if you try it!


2 comments:

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!