Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

DIY~ Asking for suggestions on this!


When back in the States, I went shopping for some material. There is such a huge selection of arts and crafts materials that you can buy there (I looove JoAnn's) that you just can't get here. This is a piece that I fell in love with , and it was only $8 a yard on super sale (normally about $40 a yard)!! It's a really thick tapestry (brocade-esque) material with brown and light aqua threads and reminds me of my favorite coat (below)....

I was thinking I could make two oversized pillows for our couch. And maybe have enough left over to make a cool purse. So this is where I want your help! I have two yards....what should I make with it? I wish I could make a sweet coat with it, but I'm definitely not that talented. I'm open to your suggestions!!!

Also, if you didn't know already, I've made it a lot easier for you to leave comments! You do not need to set up any account OR type in any crazy letters to leave the comment directly on this blog! Yay! So comment away! Can't wait to hear from you!

\



10 comments:

  1. Beautiful material! What about a skirt for you and Luna? Or matching scarves?

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh! I like the scarf idea!! It would be pretty heavy. I'd have to have the other side side maybe be a cotton jersey knit.

      Delete
  2. Maggie I love that!! I don't know I love it so much have you thought about stretching it and using it as wall art ??? pretty simple some spray mount , some canvas and poof !! coolness on the wall !! you could always make some sort of heavy quilt too , of even keep your eye out for more super coolness and make a patch work jacket of sorts ??
    my gosh ! good luck and have fun I so love it ! I am inspired to take a trip to Neptune Beach now to Joanns to see what I can see .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i LOVE the idea of wall art amy!!I 'think' I have some empty canvas...i might give it a try!! it's the perfect thickness for it...and i love my brocade! HAHA!

      Delete
  3. Love the colors and design of the material!! Pillows and scarves are a great idea! Never can have too many scarves in my opinion...

    Bre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bre! I do like the idea of pillows. The ones I have are old, so it would be a great way to freshen up the room I think. ;) Thanks for the comment! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Wall Art or a half cover jacket :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Thanks for the feedback Stephy! What do you mean by cover jacket?

      Delete
  5. I love the wall art idea. If it was in the same room with the pillows it would be a great repeating pattern. I'm not really a seamstress so I would either be doing that or taking it to someone who was. Nice find!
    Julie Armstrong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wall art idea is awesome! I just might do that! Thanks Jules! xoxo

      Delete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!