Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

TRAVEL~ Sardinia, Italy

We were so fortunate to go on this trip to Sardinia, Italy. Sardinia is where the 007 James Bond beach is so you can imagine how gorgeous it is. We got super cheap tickets ($500 for all of us) and we rented a modest apartment for the week. We didn't rent a car the entire week we were there. We walked everywhere. The beach was less than a five minutes away and we had a great & relaxing time. Our only hang up was getting locked out of the apartment for about 4 hours one night. I was thankful to be able to take the kids to the beach for a while that night and watch the sunset and watch some people doing African dance to a drum. 

No computer for an entire week. It was lovely & much needed. 


First time in his own seat!

First dinner out

A liter of house wine...Pacey thought it was apple juice.

So we got him some apple juice 


Seriously.....amazing. Crunchy pizza crust with Prosciutto, Arugula, and Parmesan
Eggplant pizza





1st time on the beach











I love the zoom on this camera... paparazzi shot. I'm one lucky woman




So glad he lets me paint his toes. 

did the totally tourist thing and got Luna a thread wrap. She still has it in her hair and loves it!


gelato....









a canon ball from the old  catapult, 'cantalope' pictured above as Elee calls it.


It was so cool to watch the boys talking the whole way home. They seemed so big at this moment.

This was 9pm at night when we were locked out of the apartment for 4 hours. Richie waited at the apartment and I took the kids to the beach.


Our neighbor Maria & Salvatore were so kind and took us in. She gave Luna gelato. 

Then the rest of the kids came when they smelled it. :) We all got some! Even though she didn't speak a word of English and I don't speak any Italien, we were able to communicate a little bit. When we left, we gave her flowers, and she handed us a bag of cookies and asked for our address. The best part is that we made a new friend!

We finally got in 4 hours later. Richie stuck paper towel in the hole to cover it up. 




The Gifaldi boys

Our drip castle

...Luna proudly added the sticks.


Love this. THIS is Elee.
Fish eyeball. Josiah ate both!

...and liked it.



Some cheap and fun souvenirs from the market.

Licorice root

a sweet jump....



Just finished with Siesta time. Italy's Siesta is normally from 1-5:30 or so. 

We watched the Italy vs. Spain game. Spain won. ;(


more sweet jumps...








Pace is always happy when he can have some milk froth when we get our cappuccino and espresso at the end of the meal.







Our Samurai warrior











Pace is dumping sand on Richie's back here I think...















Pace found it's easier for him to pee in the bidet.
At the airport. Heading for home. Happy 4th of Juuuuuulyyyyyy!!!!!

We came home to a clean house. Our cleaning lady is great and came while we were gone!

And our vegetables grew like mad!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE THESE PICTURES!!!! Looks like such an awesome place to be...what is it about locking yourselves out of places, tho? I remember Richie trying to get in the bathroom when you first went to Germany! lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! this time it was richie and i that locked ourselves out (left the key in the room). it wasn't one of the kids. ;)
      xoxo
      maggie

      Delete
  2. Man, these are some amazing pictures girlfriend. You look so happy, you look gorgeous!!! Your body is amazing, you got a good tan, your hair looks great and you look about 28 (hey, that rhymed). All of your kids could be models. Your family is so cute. I can't believe Richie wears a speedo. I LOVE both of your bikini's - sooooooooooooo hot! You look exceptionally well in the purple one - I think that's a good cut for your body. Ohhhhhhh yahhhh babe!

    I can't believe Josiah ate an eyeball, what a trooper! Elee looked really good in a few of those pics, seriously, is it wrong to model them cuz you should! I think I had some more comments but this should be enough. OH, OH, OH......you look really good in that hat! Sooooooooo cute! There are some amazing pics of you as well. Seriously. It looks like you had a blast. I'm jealous of all the things you guys get to do, the places you get to see, people you get to meet and the experiences that your kids are getting. I know God doesn't want us to be envious, but I am envious..........you guys are living the dream. :) Love you much! Thanks for sharing the pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura,
      I just saw this comment. Thanks girl! We had such a good and relaxing vacation. Thanks for all the compliments! You are toooo kind. LOL! You will have to come here and visit! Please?
      xoxox Maggie

      Delete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!