Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Extended Weekend Recap ~Headache is gone!!! & other random photos

My migraine is finally gone. I can think. I can do work. I can be normal for a while. 

This has been one of the worst 'times' of the month I've had in a long time as far as my body feeling bad. More on that below....but I'm glad I'm feeling better and my migraine has subsided. 


School is out for summer! The boys last day was Thursday and since then and probably for the rest of the summer it feels like a big long weekend! I don't have to wake up at 6:40 anymore!!! It's so nice to be able to set my alarm to 8AM and really wake up at 8AM! Luna and Pace sleep great. Elee is usually the first one up, around 6:40. That boys schedule doesn't change!

I can't believe the summer is here! Just a few minutes ago we had thunder and dark clouds. It just passed over, and now the sun is out. Oh, wait, never-mind it's gone. Oh wait...it's trying to peak through the clouds. I wish this crazy German weather would stay nice and be warm. As long as the sun is shining, it makes a huge difference! Please sun, come out and stay!!!!!

Almost every night I go into Luna's room and she is in some funky position...with the light still on & dead asleep. Last night I found her in her princess 'castle' sound asleep. When I came in to take this picture last week she had both legs off of the bed and she moved one up when the camera made a noise...I don't know how she fell asleep like that. I really want to know what she is doing the moment she falls asleep. I bet she's playing and talking with her friends, Momma hippo, Repunzel and the gang. She cracks me up.

Is it bad that I still used these chocolate chips for our oatmeal breakfast? 

Richie rarely gets dressed up for work. Last Thursday he had a presentation with the media and had to look snazzy.  I love his shoes with the holes.....unfortunately or fortunately he changed them when he got to work. 


Josiah and Elee's last day of School, USO hang out...
Josiah playing soccer with some boys

Luna wanted so bad to help me with the laundry. She did such a great job!

The boys slept out in the tent on Friday night. We had to move the tent under the covered back porch because of the rain. Elee slept in there again on Sunday night and although Josiah came back in the house, Elee woke up to the birds....at 6:41. He loves the outdoors!


Laying the smack down....well, the tent rules.
Bought this shirt for Richie 2nd hand for a couple bucks.

Saturday night, Richie and I went with some friends of ours, a German couple, to a private in home concert. It was so nice. The guy on the left sounded like Eric Clapton, and the guy on the right played with him. The girl in the middle played Spanish style, classical guitar. Very cool. I love being in the mix of another culture and seeing how they do things.  

Sunday!! HAPPY FATHER'S DAY TO RICHIE!!! THE BEST FATHER IN THE WORLD TO OUR KIDS....We went to church and then headed to Waldgeist for some XXL Schnitzel. The food is so ginormous. We went with another couple from church. 

Luna & I in our Minnetonka's


Do you see how big that Bratwurst is?




If you look past the pasture and see the slightly greyed out 'hill' in the background, that's where I ran 10 miles after a nap on Sunday. It was the worst run I ran in a long time. First 1.5 miles was uphill. Normally it would be a hard run, I ran it last weekend too. However,  I had bad bloating, and burping issues...and had to stop to pee three times. I should of took the clue the first moment I set out to run and turned right around to go home. But stubborn me had to get my run in and turned around again and headed for the hills a second time...the insanity! I suffered the rest of the day with bad stomach pains (still)...and a huge migraine the next night when Richie was away. Hopefully my run next weekend will be better. 1/2 marathon is coming soon!




2 comments:

  1. Love the "snazzy" Richie look! Love seeing the pics of the kids and was not surprised to hear Elee still gets up with the birds whether inside or out! If he stays with us when you come to Holley, I'll have to show him where the cereal and milk is and how to turn on the TV...Grandma's on vacation!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the boys get their own breakfast. it's very nice! however, there might be a little mess..... independence comes with a price. lolol! ;)

    ReplyDelete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!