My life has changed dramatically this weekend. Pace learned to climb out of the crib.
On one hand, I'm thankful that it took him this long to figure it out since he's already two. Josiah was 15 months when he did started venturing out like that. On the other hand, there was seriously no down time this weekend. And it was exceptionally rough with Richie gone. Pace is normally a good sleeper. He lays down at 7pm wakes at 8am, and takes a 3 hour nap. I have really been blessed.
No nap on Saturday. No nap on Sunday. I woke up with a headache on Sunday and it didn't subside until after 5pm and we were hunkered down for the night. I knew he wouldn't sleep so I kept him up and didn't even try it. Church, friends house, grocery shopping, I thought for sure he'd go to bed easy last night. Nope! It took him an hour just to settle down. Even though this is our fourth kid, it's always an adventure to figure out what to do. I called Riche in a panic, and he calmly said, "When I get back I'll take one of the sides off so he can climb back in himself". Well there's an idea. haah. Things are so much easier with him around.
Richie was gone all last week. Normally it's okay when he has to travel for work and is gone for only a night or two. Him being gone on the weekends isn't so much fun. I walked with the kids to town on Saturday for some ice cream...... cool mom, Right? It's always a cool idea in my head and then I end up getting frustrated. "Stop going on and off the sidewalk with the wagon, it's going to break", as the wheels are wobbling almost off. "Stop complaining", "Wait for us", "Stop screeeaming!" and by the end of the trip I feel bad that I yelled half the time.
If you have bigger boys then you know how, to put it gracefully, full of life they can be. They were goofing around at the ice cream place, and of course everyone has to look. And German's don't just look, they stare and they really don't care that you notice or not. I don't think they intend to be mean. Because when you smile at them or wave, they usually smile back. It's more common here than back home where people just go about there business and whatever they are doing is more important anyways. I don't know which is worse. So, I got a lot of stares with my 'full of life' four kids in tow. We had a great time. I just need to know when to pick my battles. For example.....poop left in the toilet by who knows which kid. Nope not saying anything. It was that kind of weekend.
It was Elee's idea to bring the wagon and pull Luna. He had a bad attitude all day. I told the boys they could get two scoops of gelatto, but if they misbehaved they are getting a scoop taken away. He got a scoop taken away.
Saturday...
We finally got him to smile.
Sunday.....
Doing the crocodile....
She picked out the outfit....legwarmers too.
On the way to church on Sunday
Pacey loves boots and would always put Luna's on. So I had to get him his own pair (8 bucks at 75% off AND they light up). Ha. He picked them out and then put 'em on all by himself.
But....still lovin' on Luna's shoes.
Now it's Monday. Richie's back. YAY!!!!! It feels like home again. My sis got me some kind of Dance 3 game on the Wii for my birthday last week. Haven't played it yet, so I Totally want to play it tonight.... with Elee. He's our dancer.











Honey I am tired reading this!!! I can vision it all in my mind and, well, it makes me miss you all the more XO
ReplyDeleteMarie, you crack me up! Thanks for the note! love you!
DeleteOh so funny!! I know it wasn't at the moment, but after...certainly was!! Love the pics of Elee...that is him to a T when he is upset!! Papa Richard likes Pacey's shirt! "Looks good on him!" lol I knew it was a good choice when I found it! Love Luna's band-aid-on-the-face! She is too much! And Josiah, who seemed to be keeping things together...well sort of! lol! I know you are enjoying having Richie back home!!! Love ya!
ReplyDeletei know. that picture of Elee IS him. except at night when we read and get to cuddle. he loves that is always smiling. his love language is TOUCH for sure!
DeleteI love Pace's tie, so trendy! Did he pick that out too? Sorry you had such a good weekend but I'm also happy that we got to have Richie for a few days....chad and I love him and you guys so much! hopefully one day we can all live in the same area - JACKSONVILLE, FL, baby!!! Pray about it! OH yahhhhhhhhh babe!
ReplyDeleteKeep up the awesome posts, love reading them!
Oh the tie is on the shirt. Glad you had a great visit with him. ;) That would be a dream to live near you guys.....xooxox
Delete