Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

My Mommy Day~Changing My Perspective

Seriously, what a day. I really don't know where to start. Richie's gone for a couple nights so it's a little tough when the kids & I make it on our own. So here's my day in kind of short hand form (without all the details)...

Elee woke up in a bad mood, throwing a fit and I yelled at him (I hate starting the day off that way...)
Pacey broke our hot water pitcher. 
Got off jogging to a late start...11AM.
Pacey gets into my jewelry in the bathroom and makes a HUGE mess. 
Pacey 'washed' his hands several times with soap and made a mess...again. 
(Yesterday he demolished my BRAND new bottle of Clinique lotion).
Elee pukes on the bus on the way home (the bus turned around) and they call me to come get him at school. Poor kid!
I have to wake Pacey up from his lovely nap to pick up the boys.
Pacey falls on the floor and busts his lip & I have no popsicles to help him.
I broke two glasses while getting dinner ready and the glass went everywhere.
I think some of the glass fell into our beef stew that we ate tonight.


It's no joke, I have my eye off Pace for a split second and he's off getting into something! And sometimes I'm right there!!!! Cooking, or folding clothes, phone calls, whatever. I really don't know how single parents do it! Kudos to you that have to do it alone every day! And then I'm reminded of how selfish I am and I feel like such a bad parent. Mommy~hood is so tough sometimes for reeeeal and it's so hard at times to put all of my energy into them 24 hours a day. But then, it takes just a second for God to remind me how much I have. So here's my day in short hand form in another perspective......

I have four healthy kids (-minus Elee the past couple of days...but you know what I mean). 
I still have little ones I can hold and put bandaids on. I looooove that!
I am blessed with being able to have things that can get broken. 
I have a house to clean.
We have food to eat.
MOST importantly....I have a family to love and love me back. I'm in love with my kids.

It takes an instant to get frustrated and takes an instant to change our perspective. I was constantly having to do that today. I'm so thankful to God for my hubby who has a job (even though he has to travel sometimes & often) and for my awesome, and full~of~life kids. I pray God can help me to see things from a grateful heart everyday. Thank you God for today & for your grace and mercy that I didn't get a migraine! ;)



my fresh bread & humous lunch 
his lip is so swollen...i gave him a bottle since it would be cold on his lip...how do i not have popsicles in the fridge?
Luna helping make jello for Elee
poor guy....you can tell he's so sick. 

2 comments:

  1. I had to check "funny!" Cos that sounds like my "teacher day!" If it isn't one thing, it's another! To start the morning off, 2 of my kids were chasing each other around the room...while everyone else is eating breakfast! I won't go into the rest...but I know how you feel!
    You are human and it gets to you after a while, but you are great to be able to look on the "bright" side and see all the good in the day!
    I hope Elee feels better! And the Pace's lip heals quickly! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roxane, thanks for leaving the comment! My mom always thought I'd make a good teacher since I was a goof~off and would know how to handle the crazy ones. But......it seems like a really tough job. LOL! I want to always have a grateful heart for my kids.....no matter what. I'm very fortunate to have them in my life. But, it does get tough and we need breaks....I get one the weekend before my bday!

      Delete

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!