We really enjoy living abroad, but honestly, the toughest part is not having the family support nearby. I am going to college full time to get my Bachelor's in Business, while trying to be a stay at home mom cooking meals most nights, getting the kids to soccer practices, swim practice, remembering school trips and activities, maintaining somewhat of a social life, being there for Richie, coordinating our schedules when Richie is traveling, and communicating daily in a foreign language. These are all great things but sometimes the stress just builds up. Most of this stuff many moms and dads do day to day, but living over seas with no other family to rely on is hard. I couldn't remember a day that had gone by where I didn't get frustrated at the kids or lose my cool. I'm seriously embarrassed by that fact. I don't want to live like that. I know that the stress of school and wanting to do well is a huge contributor to my stress, but I am almost done.
When I got back from my trip to Lanzarote (a small island of Spain), I realized how much I really needed that time away to reset. Richie knew I needed it more than I knew it myself. For him to actually book my tickets and shove me out the door, I am so grateful.
When I got back from my trip to Lanzarote (a small island of Spain), I realized how much I really needed that time away to reset. Richie knew I needed it more than I knew it myself. For him to actually book my tickets and shove me out the door, I am so grateful.
It was four nights but long enough to get some sunshine and come home feeling rejuvenated. I even read a book and a half! When I got back, I realized that the entire time I was gone I didn't get the stomach pains that I was having daily. I had an ultrasound before I left and the Dr. saw nothing. He attributed it to the muscle or stress. Perhaps it's both. Whatever it is, I do know that I feel much better.
Thinking of the kids. I know they would have been asking to buy one.
'Pey Pen'. I love the random names given to knockoff sunglasses. There's always a new name. I have a pair of 'Ray Berry's'.
The water was so clear and clean and the fish were huge!
Waiting for the bus to go to a local market...my favorite thing to do on vacation. Not the bus part, but it did make me feel adventurous.
Probably one of my favorite markets in Europe so far. I got lost. The stalls are scattered down each tiny street throughout the small town.
new necklace...
Brocade fabric tapestry bags. I love the patterns and colors. It was hard to choose...I settled on the green one.
Tapas of course...with fantastic local musicians playing at many of the tapas restaurants and cafe's along the streets.
Famara beach (in the north where people surf)
Canary Island Barraquito. Condensed milk, espresso, shot of Cuarenta y Tres (43) or other liquor and frothed milk. A must try when at the Canary Islands.
Taken from 'Scream-free Parenting'. I started this book while on vacation and had to laugh at the first chapter. Totally fitting. Anyone else read this book?
School started up again (for me) today and I am focused. I have only four classes left until I graduate! Sometimes we really need that reset button to be pushed....if only it were as easy as a push of a button. All of us have our own ways to reset. For me, it was being able to physically disconnect to really appreciate all aspects of the rich blessings I experience in my own home in my daily life. Obviously, my heart was still connected here and everything I saw reminded me of the kids or Richie, or wanting them there with me.
It was good that Richie 'forced' me to go on my own though. Before I felt I couldn't give anything, but now my heart is overflowing.











No comments:
Post a Comment
My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!