Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Travel~ Turkey

It seems like ages ago...
This summer I was able to go to Turkey for one week. My friend had invited me to come to stay with her and her family. They have been going there for roughly 20 years and is their home away from home. I felt a little out of my element- half the time I didn't know what to do with myself without the kids. But, I remembered to bring a good book. ;)  They spoiled me with breakfast in the mornings, and delicious Turkish food all throughout the day. I have to say that I loved the late afternoon Turkish coffee/tea (chai) time. Our biggest dilemma was what we should eat, or if we should swim to the little 'blue island' (a floating platform to jump off of).  I am so grateful for such an amazing vacation. 

Traveling without the kids can't go without a little adventure. After my friend dropped me off at the airport for my return flight back, I found out the flight was over booked. There was some talk of the pilot being sick and the co-pilot not being able to fly a bigger plane. Whatever the reason, we were told that they needed 16 people to volunteer for another flight that evening. We were told that we'd get 400 euro. I didn't have the kids with me so I figured I'd volunteer. We were bused to a different airport two and half hours away. We were told that there would be a flight out that night. Didn't happen.  I ended up staying over night at the Izmir airport after booking the soonest Sunexpress non-stop flight back to Frankfurt the next morning. I was skeptical of getting any money at this point. But, just a couple weeks ago it was deposited into my account. I had a free trip to Turkey!

I felt so relaxed after coming back. One thing I brought back with me ...I wake up early and make Richie breakfast in the morning. Not every morning, just a couple times during the week if he isn't biking into work. It has been three months since this trip and our mornings together have aded a new twist to our busy days... we pray, eat, and talk about the day ahead. 

Enjoy the beautiful pictures of Turkey (near Bodrum)




























No comments:

Post a Comment

My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!