I was expecting it to be just like any other day. I took her and Pace to to their class and talked with the teachers. When I came to pick them up at the end of their day, I got to see Luna's Binder that was once empty now filled with all of her best work from the last couple years, and with pictures of her working with her classmates. We had to leave for the States the following day so we had to collect everything from her cubby (in German they call it 'Haken' which is literally hook). I noticed her name label was off her 'haken'. Then the tears started coming. Luna's last day of Kindergarten was more emotional for me than I thought it would be. We talked about having Luna come and visit the class next school year. Pace will still be going to the Kindergarten so it will be easy to bring her along sometimes.
My baby girl is going to be in first grade! We made the decision for her to attend the American School with brothers. The difference in German school breaks and holidays is very different from the school the boys attend. We also wanted the freedom to go on vacations when plane tickets are cheap and this isn't an option in the German schools. We're enjoying our summer in Virginia until we have to fly back to Germany for the start of school at the end of August.
Have a fabulous summer!


No comments:
Post a Comment
My love language is WORDS (of affirmation). I'd love to hear from you....really!