I had just picked up Luna and Pace and we were walking down the hallway of the Kindergarten to leave, and a little boy asked me, "Am welchen Land kommen Sie aus?" Which translates, "Which country do you come from?" This might be a normal way to ask it, I just haven't heard it before. Normally I hear, "Woher kommen sie aus?" (Where are you from")? The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure he's seen me before to get Luna (and now Pace)....the kids are always saying, "Luna abgeholt"!!! as soon as I come into sight, as they do with the other parents.
Then I was thinking, it must've been the outfit. Or maybe not. But I thought it would be funny to show you what I was wearing.
I replied back to him, "Ich komme aus USA". Then I started rapping in a sing-songy voice "USA- Amerika" over and over because the kids started asking, "Africa?" And I was like, "ne, USA-Amerika....USA-Amerika!"
Then I was thinking, it must've been the outfit. Or maybe not. But I thought it would be funny to show you what I was wearing.
I replied back to him, "Ich komme aus USA". Then I started rapping in a sing-songy voice "USA- Amerika" over and over because the kids started asking, "Africa?" And I was like, "ne, USA-Amerika....USA-Amerika!"
I love kids.
Floppy Hat (last year)~$20
Lace tank dress from Nordstrom Rack~(last year)~ $20
Free People Vest~super old
Red Free People pants~on sale (?)
Minnetonka Booties
Braided Suede Necklace~ Fossil (sale under $10)

nice, when i go to pick up Dorothy the whole playyard erupts in "Dorothy abgeholt!" too ! I like that the kids know me and know her.
ReplyDelete