Do It Yourself~ Old School Fleece Throws
The first time I learned to make these no sew fleece throws was when Josiah was little. I remember Richie's Grandma Marion sitting in her living room with me teaching me how to make them. Just recently, Richie's Aunt Sue bought us a WHOLE BUNCH of fleece to make more blankets. The kids loooove cuddling with the super soft fleece. Thanks Aunt Sue for all the Fleece Fabric!!
If you haven't made these yet, and would like to, all you will need are two pieces of fleece. Two yards of each color per blanket is a good amount, (you can find some really cool patterns now at JoAnn Fabrics) and a pair of scissors. That's it!
See how easy it is already? The hour and a half of nonstop cutting....and tying, is actually pretty relaxing. Josiah helped me with his blanket too.
1.) Neatly line up two pieces of fleece any size you want (I used 2 yard pieces) and lay them together with the good sides facing out. Trim off excess fleece.
2.) Cut pieces in 2.5"-3" long strips, about 1/2" to 3/4" wide. These measurements are just a guideline and don't have to be exact. I cut the corners first so I know that I have enough space to cut them on an angle. Cut both the bottom and the top layer together. You can play around with it AND it doesn't have to be perfect!
3.) Tie the bottom and top layer of fleece strips together using two knots. Do that for the entire blanket/throw.
4.) If there is any tightness in the blanket to the point where it bunches up, then go ahead and stretch it apart at the knots. You may hear a rip sound but that's okay.
1.)
2.) cutting the corners first
also 2.)
3.)
4.)
Finished!!!




Love the blankets, I didn't know how they were done, I have one that Jonie Doran made for me and use it when it is cold.
ReplyDeletethanks! they are very warm! richie took a nap with one last week and said so too. ;)
DeleteI am looking for some pics from Josiah's birthday! Do you have any? LOVE YOU!
ReplyDeletei do need to put some up! we didn't take many at all....richie wasn't here....then we went to the movies on the weekend. will find some and put them up the next week or so. i'm so behind. ;)
Delete