Breanne, this post is for you!
Laura mentioned you wanted to know how to wear headbands that you wear down on your forehead. I love those headbands and there are some groovy ones that Free People had for a while. You can find a couple here at the Free People website. Love them! They look great when you have long hair and can throw a braid or two in your hair.
My girlfriend, Esther, came over the other day and I had her bring some of her headbands. I have quite a stash too from when I had my locks, but with my short hair I don't wear the ones that wrap all the way around any more. Mostly in part because the ones I have are chunkier and just looked better with long hair. Hers are perfect for short hair and look adorable on her.
Esther revised these headbands of hers by adding lace underneath to fit her head better (picture on left), and also adding the rose to give it that extra something special (pic on the right). Isn't she such a doll?
Luna loves wearing headbangs as she calls them, and anything that stretches around her head. She usually puts it on so it's laying on her forehead.
I wish I had a JoAnn Fabrics around the corner for those moments I was feeling crafty. It would be fun to make some out of small beads, stretchy fishing wire, and some suede string.
When wearing the headbands, make sure you have some hair down to frame the face. For long hair, you could do a loose side braid or like Luna has it in the pictures with two small braids at the top of the head. For shorter hair, you can wear it as my friend wears it without pushing your hair back.
![]() |
| Esther |
![]() |
| Esther |
![]() |
| Luna Jane |
![]() |
| The many faces of Luna. ;) I made this headband with a string of hemp, and two strands of pink ribbon. |




NIce photography Mags! And kudos to your models on showing off the head bands :)
ReplyDeletethanks SMyers! ;) it was fun.
DeleteLove headbands. They don't stay on my head though. I'm not brave enough to wear them like Luna is in the collage. Maybe I'll try it sometime.
ReplyDeleteAfter a glass of wine.
Love your blog, sweets.
yes! i want to make a couple, i'd wear them if my hair were longer. ;) you can pull it off!
Delete